Timeslips might give you this message when you add a new Timeslips user and workstation. That would be a normal Timeslips message, however, you may also see this message in Timeslips when there have been no new users added. There are several reasons why Timeslips might give you this error message which will prevent you from opening Timeslips. Here are a few:
- You have replaced an existing Timeslips workstation PC with a new one. The old workstation has already consumed a license. When you add a new workstation, Timeslips doesn't realize that it is a replacement, but thinks it's an additional user.
- You are using Terminal Services with Timeslips: Sometimes Timeslips users licenses aren't cleared when using Terminal services and extra licenses get consumed in Timeslips.
The remedy for both situations is a simple one:
- Get everyone out of Timeslips
- On any Timeslips workstation, go to START; All Programs; Timeslips. Select Station Administrator. If you are on Windows 8, your instructions will be a little different.
- Click on "Options"
- Select "Licenses in Use"
- On the next screen, click on "Clear All" and "Done." This will make all your licenses available for use. As each timekeeper logs in, a license will be consumed.
This will work on all fairly recent versions of Timeslips: Timeslips 2010 through Timeslips 2015. You might even try it on older versions of Timeslips. The Station Administrator screen has not changed in several years.