If you are upgrading from a previous Timeslips version to Timeslips 2017, here are some thing to keep in mind:
- Don't leave things "half done". Do these things BEFORE you convert:
- Generate and approve all your bills and statements
- Exchange slips from remotes
- Exchange with any 3rd Party Applications (TimeMatters, Amicus, etc.)
- Make sure your 3rd Party Applications are COMPATIBLE with Timeslips 2017
- Finalize or clear bills from Proof or Revision
- Run "Data Verification" Look for errors. If errors are reported, STOP. Get the errors corrected before you convert. You will not have a good conversion if there are errors in your data before you start the process.
- Finalize your GL Transfer Register if you are using TAL or TALPro.
- Read the "Installation Chapter in the "User Guide" before you begin. This should be part of your Timeslips software download.
- Don't assume anything. Make a backup of both your Timeslips Program folder as well as the Timeslips data folder. This will give you a "worst case scenario" fall back position.
- Make sure you check the Timeslips System Requirements Download Sage Timeslips Premium and 2017 System Requirements Revised (061516)
- INSTALL TIMESLIPS 2017 DIRECTLY ON THE SERVER. Do not install from a workstation to the server.
- If your previous version of Timeslips was installed from a workstation to the server, you may need to reinstall the previous version to server before installing the Timeslips 2017 upgrade.
- CLOSE Timeslips and any Linked applications. This includes Outlook as well as other 3rd Party applications like QuickBooks, TimeMatters, Amicus, etc.
- Exit TSTimer. Convert any running timers to slips
- Make sure you select COMPLETE INSTALL
DATA CONVERSION: The data conversion can take longer than normal with this upgrade. Be patient or send us your data for conversion over the weekend. We'll send it back to you in time to install on Monday morning (if there are no data repair issues).
NOTE: Some older versions may require a double conversion: 1st conversion to 2016 and the second conversion to 2017. In that case, you can send your data to Sage for conversion. There is a charge and it takes 2 to 5 days to get it back. Radiant Software Solutions will also do your conversion for a flat rate of $150 (if there are no data errors that require repair). Call or email me if you need more help with this. email@example.com or 561-289-4302 (direct) or 888-628-5343 (toll free).