The quickest way to install a Timeslips workstation is also the correct way. I frequently get calls from frustrated clients after they have spent the morning or afternoon trying to locate their original Timeslips CD's (remember those?) or their original Timeslips download file. You only need the original Timeslips download or CD if you need to reinstall Timeslips on a server. If you are trying to reinstall or install Timeslips on a new workstation, it is very simple:
- From the new Timeslips workstation or the workstation that you are reinstalling Timeslips, use your Windows Explorer to locate the Timeslips Program folder that is installed on the server.
- Inside the Timeslips program folder, you will find another folder, LOCLINST (stands for "Local Install")
- Open the LOCLINST folder and click on SETUP.EXE
- Choose Complete installation
- When the process is complete,you will have Timeslips installed correctly on the local workstation.
This process doesn't require any extra CD's or installation software. Everything is right on your server